UNWTO has just signed an agreement with MUST Travel & Tech to develop and bring a digital tool to tourism services to help travelers share experiences to promote the recovery of the tourism sector.
According to UNWTO, this digital tool will be an opportunity for smart cities as well as destinations that are applying technology and innovation in their development.
With a scale of operation in 60 countries around the world, MUST Travel & Tech will aggregate the information that travelers are interested in one place and integrate it with analysis from UNWTO, making this tool a leading application in tourism and creating opportunities for destinations.
UNWTO will contribute to the application of tourism intelligence. In this way, relevant and verified content will be combined with data to help users make informed and evidence-based decisions.
The agreement between UNWTO and MUST also includes cooperation between the two in the implementation of other projects such as:
- Supporting the digital transformation of tourism service providers.
- Fostering tourism development and promotion in a sustainable and inclusive way.
- Boosting innovation in the practices of reservation and consumption of tourism experiences and activities.
- Encouraging the creation of quality content with a focus on cultural heritage and the authenticity of the destination to be promoted.
- Promoting and disseminating the UNWTO “Best Tourism Villages” program on the MUST platform as well as other programs or events of the Organization.
- Promoting programs related to innovation, education, and investments that are useful for tourism destinations of mutual interest.
UNWTO Secretary-General Zurab Pololikashvili, said: “We welcome innovative ideas and technologies that allow the creation of global and regional innovation ecosystems aimed at accelerating the recovery of tourism for development.”
The agreement between UNWTO and MUST will be in place until the end of 2024.