Da Nang suspended welcoming visitors – travel agents changed itineraries

Avatar
Destination Editor
10:30:38 - July 27, 2020

In response to two new cases of COVID-19 infected within the community in Da Nang, on the morning of July 26, the National Steering Committee of COVID-19 prevention and control in Da Nang requested the Department of Tourism of Da Nang to work with travel sectors to pause taking tourists to Da Nang.

Specifically, the Department of Tourism of Da Nang works with travel sectors to suspend tourists from Da Nang within 14 days from July 26.

To ensure the safety for both guests and the whole community, the Department of Tourism has to work with travel agents, tour companies, lodging sectors, attractions, and transports along with other tourism-related sectors shall to temporarily stop organizing tours to Da Nang for the next 14 days from July 26.

Especially, the lodging sectors are required to report to the authorities if there is any suspicious cases or bizarre circumstances during the upcoming 14-day lockdown in Da Nang. Any travel sectors that are in the middle of their tour itineraries or other tourism services may continue until the end of their tours/services.

The Department of Tourism of Da Nang also announced that in case any visitors need help with changing the tours, accommodation, air tickets, they can contact their service providers or the city tourist support center at 108 Bach Dang Street or via phone 0236-3550111.

In addition, the National Steering Committee for prevention and control of COVID-19 in Da Nang also requested Lien Chieu District to chair and coordinate the Departments of Health, Industry and Trade, Natural Resources and Environment, the City Police and other related authorities to establish new measures and preparation immediately to quarantine any people that had close contact with the new infected cases of coronavirus in the dormitory in the west of the city.

Vietravel representative said that now they had more than 50 tours with nearly 1,800 tourists in Da Nang alone at the moment. Since the evening of July 26, Vietravel had stopped organizing tours to Da Nang and it is escorting the last tour groups to leave Da Nang.

Saigontourist representative said that they had urgently contacted with tourists to adjust the itineraries for any tour previously scheduled to depart for Danang from July 27 to August 15. It estimated that around 3,000 tourists in the whole country will change their itineraries due to the new cases arising in Da Nang.

Bui The Duy, general manager of Lua Viet, calculated that visitors to Da Nang accounted for about 10% of the total tourist arrivals this summer and any of the itinerary cancelations would certainly create negative psychological impacts for all tour group although their itineraries are near Ho Chi Minh City. “The two new cases are killing travel companies, which have been struggling the whole time and just had a glimpse of how to restart their businesses. However, we are still trying our best to comply with new measures to assure safety for everyone,” shared Mr. Duy.

Da Nang suspended welcoming visitors – travel agents changed itineraries
error: Content is protected !!

THANKS FOR YOUR
REGISTRATION!

The requirement was accepted, please check your email for the document.
Close